Step-by-Step Guide to publish your Static Web App
1. Create a sample Web/HTML page. Start by creating the application root directory.
$ mkdir /home/engineer/hello-pws
2. Enter the application root directory and create a sample HTML file for publishing. Use the following content of the HTML. Use your preferred text editor. Save the file as index.html
$ nano /home/engineer/hello-pws/index.html
Add the following content:
3. You should have the following similar structure.
4. Signup at http://run.pivotal.io/ for Pivotal Web Services
5. Install the command line tools, for the specific version for your OS, visit https://console.run.pivotal.io/tools.
Ubuntu 64-bit :
$ wget https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/cf-cli-releases/releases/v6.34.1/cf-cli-installer_6.34.1_x86-64.deb $ sudo dpkg -i cf-cli-installer_6.34.1_x86-64.deb
6. Once installed, run the following on your command line, to login.
$ cf login -a https://api.run.pivotal.io
Enter your email and password that you registered at http://run.pivotal.io/
7. Change to the application root directory
$ cd /home/engineer/hello-pws
8. Push your application to the PWS
$ cf push hello-pws-2 -b staticfile_buildpack
9. Wait until the deployment is finished. It will show something like:
10. Visit the following URL to open the application
11. You can check the applications and routes you have deployed by visting https://console.run.pivotal.io.
You have now successfully deployed a static web app. Congratulations!